Camp Lamoka, or Lamoka Baptist Camp, is owned and operated by an association of churches. This association is made up of 35 Baptistic churches across central and western New York. Each of our churches is independent, and each one is different, but they all share a common passion for children and young adult ministry! These churches, and many more, work together every year to make ministry happen at Lamoka. Churches in the association give funds, send staff, send campers, volunteer on campus, fill speaking positions, etc. Churches of the association meet annually to approve a budget, make big-picture policy decisions, fellowship and select a board to oversee the program and administrator of the camp.
LIST OF OUR CHURCHES
1) Bible Baptist Church, Williamson NY
2) Borden Baptist Church, Addison, NY
3) Bradford Baptist Church, Bradford, NY
4) Breesport Baptist Church, Breesport, NY
5) Calvary Baptist Church, Akron, NY
6) Calvary Baptist Church, Athens, PA
7) Calvary Baptist Church, Corning, NY
8) Calvary Baptist Church, Trumansburg, NY
9) E Lawrence Baptist Church, Lawrensville, PA
10) E Lindley Baptist Church, Corning, NY
11) Emmanuel Baptist Church, Penn Yan, NY
12) Faith Baptist Church, Dundee, NY
13) Faith Baptist Church, Rochester, NY
14) First Baptist Church, Pavilion, NY
15) First Baptist Church, Angelica, NY
16) First Baptist Church, Belfast, NY
17) First Baptist Church, Belmont, NY
18) First Baptist Church, Horseheads, NY
19) First Baptist Church, Wyoming, NY
20) Grace Baptist Church, Geneva, NY
21) Glen Baptist Church, Watkins Glen, NY
22) Harvest Baptist Church, Bath, NY
23) Harvest Bible Fellowship, Rochester, NY
24) Hillcrest Baptist Church, Elmira, NY
25) Hillside Baptist Church, Hornell, NY
26) Maple Ave Baptist Church, Elmira, NY
27) Monterey Baptist Church, Beaver Dams, NY
28) People’s Baptist Church, Newfield, NY
29) Pine Valley Baptist Church, Pine Valley, NY
30) Tabernacle Baptist Church, Ithaca, NY
31) Tuscarora Baptist Church, Addison, NY
32) Victory Baptist Church, Albion, NY
33) Waneta Lake Baptist Church, Hammondsport, NY
34) W Clarksville Baptist Church, Bolivar, NY
For more information about our association OR to find out more about how you might join the association and partner with us in ministry, please contact us using the connect feature on our website or by calling our office at 607-463-0324.
JOINING THE ASSOCIATION
We are always looking to partner with like-faith churches in the area, who also have a passion for reaching our young people with the Gospel, while simultaneously teaching that encourages people of all ages to build their lives on the Word of God. Association churches are asked to support the ministry in one, or all, of the following ways (as the Lord provides and directs): 1) Financially through monthly or quarterly giving, 2) sending campers or promoting the camp to their people/community, 3) filling positions on the board or staffing positions at the camp as they become available, and/or 4) prayer – lifting the concerns and staff and leadership of the camp up in prayer. If you are a like-faith church in our general vicinity and you would like to partner with us in ministry and join our association, please contact us for more information. Along with being part owners of the camp, there are several other perks that come with association status, including youth camp discounts for the kids and teens of your church, the ability to join the board of directors, the ability to vote at association meetings, etc. The basic process/steps for joining is as follows (though it varies for each church and situation):
Step One: Introduction
Original contact through phone call, email, or administrator visit.
Step Two: Ministry Presentation
A visit from the administrator to present the ministry at Lamoka Baptist Camp and to meet with the congregation and/or the deacons and pastor about the possibility of joining in partnership in camping ministry.
Step Three: Formal Invitation
TFollow up meeting or phone call. The purpose of this phone call is to formally invite the church to start the membership process.
Step Four: Overview Visit
The Administrator will visit with the leadership and/or congregation of the church to answer questions and to explain in detail the perks and process of becoming members.
Step Five: Church Vote
The church will be asked to formally vote on the matter of joining the association. If the church approves, a time will be set for the deacons/ pastor/leadership of the church to meet with the board of directors of the camp.
Step Six: Doctrinal Review
Before the meeting between the leadership of the church and the board of Lamoka. Both parties will exchange doctrinal statements and other pertinent documents (e.g., last annual meeting minutes). This can be done earlier in the process, but the review should be finished before step 7.
Step Seven: Board Meeting & Vote
The leadership from both parties will meet and fellowship and ask any questions they may have. The board will then vote to add the church as a new member of the association. If approved, the Board will seek approval from the association at the next annual meeting through a vote.
Step Eight: Celebration
Finally, the administrator will schedule a visit to the new member church to celebrate with them and to present opportunities to get involved further at Lamoka.
*Note: The above is merely an outline of the process, and may not reflect the actual order of events or steps. And some steps may be adjusted if necessary.