CAMP REPRESENTATIVE PROGRAM
The Camp Representative Program exists to inform Lamoka Baptist Camp’s (LBC) Association Churches about ministry opportunities and to encourage them in their partnership with the camp as we together seek to proclaim the Gospel and promote Godly living.
Who is a Camp Representative?
A Camp Representative is a member of one of LBC’s Association Churches who serves on behalf of LBC and the Association Churches to fulfill the purpose statement of the Camp Representative Program by satisfying the following responsibilities:
- The Camp Representative Position is a yearly position beginning January 1 and ending December 31 on any given year. A Camp Representative may serve in this role for two consecutive years, but then must take a year off before applying again.
- Each Camp Representative is assigned 4-5 churches with which the representative will communicate on behalf of the camp. Every year, the Camp Representative will present an LBC Update at their home church and at 1-2 of their assigned churches. The remaining 1-2 churches will be visited by the Camp Representative in the following year.
- Pre-season Responsibilities (January-April):
- In January, the Camp Representative will contact each of their assigned churches to introduce himself or herself and to provide contact information to the church.
- In February, the Camp Representative will contact each of his or her assigned churches to confirm that they have received LBC’s 2020 promotional material.
- At least one month prior to LBC’s scheduled Spring Workday, the Camp Representative will contact his or her assigned churches to invite them to participate in the workday.
- The Camp Representative will attend the Spring Workday.
- Summer Camp Season Responsibilities (May-August):
- The Camp Representative will attend LBC’s Staff Training Week Ice Cream Social.
- The Camp Representative may begin traveling to their assigned churches with a camp travel table.
- Retreat Season Responsibilities (September-December):
- At least one month prior to LBC’s scheduled Fall Workday, the Camp Representative will contact his or her assigned churches to invite them to participate in the workday.
- The Camp Representative will attend the Fall Workday.
- In September, the Camp Representative will review the Camper Evaluation Sheets pertaining to his or her assigned churches. The Camp Representative will contact the pastors from these churches to confirm that they have received the Camper Evaluation Sheets and to follow-up about any major spiritual decisions made by campers.
- By October, the Camp Representative will either confirm with LBC that they plan to continue as Camp Representative for another year, or they will recommend three possible candidates for the position.
- By December, the Camp Representative will travel to any remaining assigned churches with camp travel table.